Monday 4 October 2010

Shoes! Let’s get some shoes!

As most of you know, I’m kind of into shoes. Some have said I like them more than is natural, others have said I am a full-out shoe addict, and my mother says to “Stop immediately.” Like that’s going to happen, mom! As of September 30th my collection reached an all-time high of 110 pairs, with the addition of a fabulous pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars (below left), so today we’re going to talk about my favourite sneaker brand: Converse!

My two pairs of classic Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars :) 
New pair on the left, old "Aquarius" print on the right. 

From their classic black and white Chuck Taylors to the newly popular All-Star Lites (aka girl Converse) the brand has always been a favourite of mine. They’re recognizable, make a style statement, and of course come in a million different colours and styles that coordinate with any outfit. There’s no wrong way to wear Converse: they can be dressed down with jeans, or if you’re feeling like a bit of a rebel with a cute party dress. The key to wearing Converse is to pick a pair that works for you; if you tend to go for the casual look then go for a classic style in a solid colour. But if, like me, you like to live on the wild side and have your shoes make a statement, then choose one of the many pairs of Converse with a funky print. You can even design your very own pair of originals on the Converse website, to guarantee that no one else will ever have quite the same pair.

If creativity isn’t really your thing then there are many varieties of Converse made for a limited time by guest designers and themed around specific creative ideas. My favourite craves right now are the line of Converse Chuck Taylors inspired by the art of the children’s author and illustrator Doctor Seuss. They’re classic Converse styles, but with the whimsical twist that can only be the result of Seuss’ illustrations from The Cat in the Hat, If I Ran the Circus, and If I Ran the Zoo. Check them out on the Baggin’s Shoes website (a Victoria, BC classic shoe haunt), since I’m sure you’ll love bringing a part of your childhood into your adult life as much as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment