Sunday 10 April 2011

One Shoe to Rule Them All


As some of you may know, one of my goals this year was to read the entirety of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien. Yes, this is completely nerdy, but I’m not a closet geek by any means, and this post is proof of that. So far, I’m 3/4s of the way through The Two Towers, and since I read all of The Fellowship of the Ring during the winter I'm well on my way to completing my goal! The plan is to take a break from LotR after this one, possibly with a good dose of something clever and witty by Neil Gaiman. Like Neil is ever anything but :p
yeah, that's right, I wear glasses (sometimes)

Because I’m so into reading The Two Towers I figured I should work that into the blog somehow, and I figured out how: with my favourite pair of gold shoes. Okay, so technically they don’t have the same power as the One Ring, but they’re shiny and gold and they are my preciouses! I could have done a pair of epic questing boots for LotR just as easily (trust me I have the perfect pair), but The Two Towers is more about the One Ring than questing, so you get gold shoes instead. Maybe when I’m reading The Return of the King  in a few months the questing boots will make an appearance.


Okay, enough about Lord of the Rings, and onto the shoes. I found this pair of beauties at Value Village, and paid all of $4 for them. I was rather shocked that they were so cheap (even for a thrift store), since they’re in perfect condition (not even the soles are worn!), and they’re actually by Michael Kors. I’m not usually a huge fan of Michael Kors’ designs, since he’s a bit too classic American for my style, but these ballet flats are totally adorable. Seriously, they have a little bow on the front! SO CUTE! They’re also ridiculously comfortable. It actually feels like my feet are surrounded by little cushions, which is a miracle, since most ballet flats tend to err towards the stiff (and therefore uncomfortable) side. I have no idea how the metallic leather is going to hold up over time, but I’m hoping that they keep their colour since I want to covet these shoes like Gollum covets his Precious.



Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie

yes, that is a copy of the One Ring :)

As always, don’t forget about the giveaway contest! If you win, you can buy your own new pair of Preciouses!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks to KD whenever I see the "Three rings" etc my mind supplies "and none for Gretchen Weiners".

    ReplyDelete