Friday 20 May 2011

Bright Eyes


One of the easiest ways to add a pop of colour to any outfit is to focus on makeup. One of my favourite techniques is to emphasize the eyes with brightly coloured eye shadow. I prefer to use dry eye shadow compacts, instead of liquid eye shadow or mouse or eyeliners because the application isn’t difficult, and if you screw up it’s not too hard to fix. You can stick to a single colour, or use a soft brush to blend two colours together.

photo from here
In this example I used Rimmel London’s Three-sum eye shadow compact in Breath Taking. It has a gorgeous lavender on one side of the disc, bright pink on the other, and a light shimmery gold in the middle. I don’t usually buy Rimmel’s eye shadow sets because I’m not a big fan of their colour choices, and the texture isn’t always the best (some are a blend between mouse and dry eye shadows yuck). But I lucked out with Breath Taking, and it’s definitely become one of my favourite palettes!



What are all of your favourite bright eye shadows? Do we like doing crazy bright colours, or is it too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment