Friday 16 September 2011

M is for Maroon 5

When they released their first album, Songs About Jane, I was not a fan of Maroon 5. I wasn't really into the whole "love song thing" that dominated most of the album, since it was a bit too "soft" for my tastes. Sure they had talent, but I just wasn't into what they were singing. Until they started releasing tracks off of their sophmore album, It Won't be Soon Before Long. "Wake Up Call" was totally my kind of song. Delicious guitar, a deep bassline, and lyrics that made me want to sing along. And of course Adam Levine being his gorgeous self in the music video. I bought the album and was delighted to find other such gems as "If I Never See Your Face Again" and "Not Falling Apart" (which were later remixed into even more amazing songs with Rihanna and Tiësto respectively). And then came a really long break. Like WAY too long. For a while I eagerly awaited their new EP, but it wasn't forthcoming, and for a long time I forgot about them. But then I heard that Adam Levine was going to be featured on The Voice as one of the judges/voice coaches and I was super excited! His contestant, Javier Colone, won the competition (hello talent), but the real highlight of the show was finding out that they had a new album out (Hands all Over), and hearing their latest track "Moves Like Jagger" which features Christina Aguilera (one of the other superstar talents from The Voice). I'm probably not the first to say that Adam did some pretty good chanelling of the Rolling Stones frontman, but it bears repeating. Just go watch the video, and you'll see what everyone is talking about :)



No comments:

Post a Comment