Tuesday 20 September 2011

P is for Pat Benatar

So technically Pat Benatar is cheating for P, since it's her first name instead of her last, but whatever. I do what I want! I also felt bad because most of the bands I've featured have been from the electronic genre, and I actually do listen to other stuff! Pat is definitely part of the classic rock genre, so yay for branching out! I'll be doing it again tomorrow (I bet you can all guess which band it is too...), just to solidify that I'm not totally obsessed with electronica!

Most people have heard at least one Pat Benatar song (even if they don't know it), and she's penned some pretty decent classics. "Love is a Battlefield,""The Warrior," and "Hit me with your Best Shot" are all awesome songs, but totally not my favourite Benatar tune. Instead I'm really into "Hot Child in the City" because it reminds me of an awesome episode of Sex and the City where Carrie realizes that some guys don't want to grow up (ever), but it's always nice to just chill out with your girlfriends and relive our teenage years.

photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment