Saturday 17 March 2012

Leprechaun Kisses

Since I already have plans for all of my green nail polishes I had to come up with something extra creative for this St. Pattie's day. Being Irish gives me an excuse to drink (like I really need an excuse), and if I'm going to use the national holiday as an excuse to drink, I should probably try to dress the part as well. So I decided to do a little glitter layering experiment with China Glaze "Snow" and "Mistletoe Kisses," and low and behold it worked out perfectly! The white polish basecoat (2 coats) makes the green-tinted base of "Mistletoe Kisses" (one coat) show up as a nice minty green flecked with green glitter! Mint is apparently one of the big colours of spring (according to Lady Gaga and the majority of the fashion houses), but we all know that I like everything with a hint of glitter :) It would have been even more leprechaun-y if the glitter had been gold flecks floating in the green basecoat, because then the colour would have looked like leprechaun gold!



No comments:

Post a Comment