Saturday 7 April 2012

C is for Canada (and Douglas Coupland)


I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Canadian authors perpetually let me down. Thankfully there’s writers like Douglas Coupland to keep reminding me that great books do come from Canada occasionally. Case and point: Jpod. I can’t even describe how amazing this book is except to say that every time I read it I inevitably end up forgoing the rest of the worldly responsibilities to read. Whilst trying to contain constant bouts of laughter. Seriously, I can’t read it in public because I start laughing to myself and look like I’m insane…

Then of course they made it into a tv series, which was equally hilarious. Until they cancelled it after only one season, and left all the viewers with a big fat cliffhanger. Not impressed, CBC, not impressed. 



tv image from TV Listings
cover image from Bookshorts

No comments:

Post a Comment