Tuesday 3 April 2012

Challenge Month!


April is traditionally challenge month in the blogosphere, and for once I am totally going along with it. Last year I still did the whole A-Z challenge with music, but I did it in August/September because I wasn’t going to have my wardrobe and shoes with me for a good chunk of it, but this year I shall do it in April, as is proper. But, like always, I’m doing it my way; instead of posting every single day I’m going to stick to my regular blog schedule (four times a week), so the challenge will end up spreading into May. April is going to be a pretty busy month (semester ending, birthday, socializing, practicum, finding a job, etc, etc), so in order to keep the quality of posts good (as well as my sanity) so I figure you guys shouldn’t have anything to complain about.

So, my topic this year is going to be books A-Z! I read an awful lot, so I’ll be recommending favourite books by my favourite authors. I figure it’s a pretty timely choice of topic, since everyone is going to be looking for summer beach reads, so I hope you all enjoy. And if you don’t, well, you just have terrible taste in books!

The first book we’re going to talk about is Jane Austen’s classic novel Pride and Prejudice. I must admit, I actually hated this book when I first started reading it in grade 12. But once I got past the first half, I was hooked. Mr. Darcy is kind of a jerk, and Elizabeth is kind of a bitch, but they both figure it out in the end and get together. For someone who is a die hard bitch, and who is perpetually attracted to men who are jerks this book kind of gives me hope  that one of the jerks will actually get his shit together and stop being such a jerk. (Good luck, men don’t change, I know).

"I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." ~ Mr. Darcy   


image from Accidentally in Code
book cover from Novel Reaction

No comments:

Post a Comment