Thursday 1 November 2012

Beatle-mania!

The Beatles are all over the place when it comes to fashion style, but when I was looking through the 2012 and 2013 collections from the major fashion players I noticed that there were some similarities between the new trends and classic Beatles styles from three of the seminal Beatles albums. These trends are manifesting themselves in three distinct styles: graphic prints in neon/bright hues which mimic the cartoon stylings of Yellow Submarine, velvet (often combined with baroque details) footwear  that makes me think instantly of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and futuristic suits that are so Abbey Road that they scream for a recreation of the album photo. I'm not sure if I would wear the blocky graphic prints, but the futuristic suits and velvet shoes are totally up my aisle!

Yellow Submarine

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Abbey Road

No comments:

Post a Comment