Sunday 4 November 2012

Rubber Soul: a Sunday Shoe Story


You know you're not supposed to play favourites with shoes; they're like children, and should be loved equally. But this pair of Jeffrey Campbell's took a little piece of my heart when I saw them down the aisle in Winners the day after my 21st birthday. Of course, I immediately bought them, and even though I've only worn them twice (once on a coffee date with this guy - the shoes were special but he was not- and once to see Rock of Ages by myself on a random summer Tuesday) they'll always be special. Maybe it's because they remind me of Tsarist-era Russian ballerinas, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and Alexander McQueen. Maybe it's because they're Jeffrey Campbells and I have an addiction to the fabulous footwear brand. 
But mostly, I love them more because other people think they're a little bit too weird. 
In other words: I love them because they're just like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment