Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Holiday (Shopping) Season



Let’s get one thing straight: I hate Christmas and pretty much everything associated with it. I hate the forced family time, work parties, the snow, the religion aspects, seasonal music, and having to be nice to people. But, I really really enjoy the shopping and the presents.

image from here
Are you really surprised? This is me we’re talking about. Shopping is my therapy and religion, and I actually really enjoy finding the perfect present for my friends. So instead of celebrating Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, or whatever other holiday you want to call it, I celebrate Present Day. A day that is dedicated to consumerism, glitter, and new things. Thrift store consumerism, and second hand things actually, but whatever. Regardless, I end up buying lots of things for other people and for myself.
image from here

This year is going to be pretty awesome, and I can’t wait for my friends to get their presents. I started seriously looking for presents in September, and it’s really paid off. I got some hilarious joke presents, some useful presents, and some extremely fabulous (think designer thrift store score) best-friend-forever mementos for my two besties. It’s not even December, and I only have a few more little additions to buy! Which means that I can spend all of December finding myself the perfect present to myself (haha no seriously)!

No comments:

Post a Comment